Extending ground spike that allows you to raise and lower the camera and rotate to fine-tune your positioning.
Use the drop down box to choose between:
- 10-15cm length - Ideal for very small mammals like rodents or young hedgehogs
- 20-30cm length - Ideal for smaller mammals like hedgehogs and rabbits (temporarily out of stock)
- 30-50cm length - Ideal for medium sized mammals like Foxes and Badgers
- 50-90cm length - Ideal for larger mammals like Deer
Fitted with a 1/4" threaded adaptor that screws into the bottom of the camera, the ground spike frees you from the constraints of mounting on a tree trunk. Easily pushes into the ground and allows you to get your camera in amongst the wildlife action!
Note #1: Do not push the spike into the ground with the camera already mounted on it as you risk damaging the mounting point on the base of the camera, the correct procedure is as follows:
- Undo the thumb wheel on the side and take the central rod out of the outer spike
- Push the outer spike into the ground - a few inches is fine
- Screw the central rod into the mounting point on the base of the camera
- Place the central rod and camera back into the outer spike and tighten the thumbwheel at the desired height
Note #2: These items are hand assembled by us and are unique to Wild View Cameras, as such there may be some marks on the black paintwork where the internal rod is gripped in a vice whilst the camera adapter is screwed in. These marks are purely cosmetic and do not affect the operation of the spike in any way.
Note #3: The chromed metal adaptor that screws into the camera base will tarnish over time, to help stop this, apply a thin layer of grease, vaseline or petr